Getting Started With Search Engine Optimization
Because a solid Search Engine Optimization strategy is essential to every business, we've got five simple tips to get you started:
- Expand Your Keywords: Make sure that your website's keywords are informational, navigational, and transactional
- Focus on Link-Building: Links to your website from external sources such as Yelp, Thumbtack, local media, and directories are essential to your ranking—especially "editorial" links from high-quality media sources.
- Pay Attention to Mobile Search: As online traffic continues to grow from mobile devices, responsive web design is not only essential to the user experience but will also affect your online ranking. Be sure that your website is optimized for mobile.
- Set a Canonical URL: Canonicalization is the process of selecting a single URL to be your preferred version for SEO purposes. Choose the best URL for your business and stick with it!
- Improve Your Site Structure: Make sure every page of your website can be reached in no more than three clicks, build in internal links on every page, and remove duplicate content from your site.
Need some help with your SEO?